We’re looking for conversation designers to join our growing team.
Full Job Description
- Demonstrable experience designing voice and/or multi-modal applications.
- 4 years of experience in designing speech-enabled interaction flows across a variety of usability contexts and device types.
- Experience in persona designing/writing.
- Experience on a design team that ships consumer products.
- Experience with qualitative usability testing.
- Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversation, e.g. Cooperative
- Principle, turn-taking, cognitive load, pragmatics, prosody.
Technical knowledge of speech and language technologies, e.g. ASR, NLU, TTS.
About the job
As a Conversation Designer, you’ll leverage your knowledge of human language and communication to create seamless and natural interactions for digital systems across surfaces. You will be in a unique position to create voice-only and voice-forward experiences, partnering with internal leads to create solutions for diverse contexts like the home, mobile, auto, wearables, and more.
You will work on multiple projects simultaneously, feel comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders and be able to think strategically when reviewing design work and providing feedback and guidance.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our Product teams include designers, researchers, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity.
- Develop high-level sample dialogs, flow diagrams, and prototypes to effectively communicate voice interactions and design ideas.
- Create detailed, comprehensive voice user interface (VUI) design specifications in collaboration with other UXers and Engineering.
Evaluate usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flows and recommend design changes.
- Create guidelines, reference artifacts, and resources for third-party developers to assist in VUI design and prompt writing.
- Develop and advocate voice user interface design best practices and guidelines to ensure a consistent brand experience for users across Google.